Sorcerers are elemental masters. They command primal energies and lay waste to armies with tornados of fire, lightning, and ice. With the flick of a wrist, they make giants tremble. During our recent cover-story visit to Blizzard, we went hands-on with the game for two days. Here’s a quick overview of what we learned about the Sorceress class in that time.
- Lightning: Launch a bolt of lightning that deals damage and bounces to nearby enemies.
- Fire Bolt: Hurl a flaming bolt, dealing damage and burning enemies for a few seconds.
- Frost Bolt: Throw a bolt of frost at an enemy, dealing damage and chilling them. (shown)
- Arc Lash: Unleash arcing lightning that shocks enemies in front of you and then returns to you, restoring mana.
- Charged Bolts: Release bolts of lightning that course along the ground in an erratic pattern.
- Fireball: Hurl a ball of fire that explodes on contact, dealing massive damage to nearby enemies. (shown)
- Ice Shards: Launch shards that deal damage. Deal more damage to frozen enemies.
- Incinerate: Channel a beam of fire, burning enemies. Damage increases each second.
- Chain Lightning: Unleash a bolt of lightning, dealing damage and jumping to nearby targets.
- Frozen Orb: Unleash an orb that chills and expels piercing shards for a total and then explodes into Frost bolts.
- Flame Shield: Engulf yourself in flames for a few seconds, burning nearby enemies.
- Ice Armor: After not taking damage for a few seconds, ice accumulates on you, absorbing some damage.
- Blizzard: Summon a frigid blizzard that deals damage and chills enemies for a few seconds. (shown)
- Teleport: Transform into lightning, becoming Immune and surging to the target location.
- Frost Nova: Unleash a torrent of frost, Freezing nearby enemies.
- Lightning Spear: Conjure a cracking spear of lightning that seeks out enemies for a few seconds. (shown)
- Ice Blades: Conjure ice blades for a few seconds that rapidly slash enemies and chill them.
- Hydra: Summon a three headed hydra for a few seconds. Each head spits fire at nearby enemies.
- Firewall: Create a wall of flames dealing big damage to enemies over time.
- Nova: Each time you spend a certain amount of mana, this passive ability unleashes a burst of lightning dealing damage.
- Meteor: Summon a meteor that strikes the target location, dealing damage and burning the ground for a few seconds. (shown)
- Deep Freeze: Encase yourself in ice, becoming Immune for a few seconds. For the duration, you emanate Chilling waves that deal damage and freeze longer than normal.
- Inferno: Ignite a roaring inferno that pulses in and out of the target area, burning enemies for a lot of damage over time.
- Conduit: You become lightning incarnate. While in this form, you are immune. Nearby enemies are continually shocked, and you can surge quickly between locations. (shown)
- Align the Elements: The mana cost of your Mastery spells is reduced.
- Blaze of Glory: Fire critical strike damage is increased. In addition, burning enemies deal less damage to you.
- Burning Resonance: Damaging a burning enemy, has a chance to restore mana.
- Ceaseless Bolts: Lightning critical strikes increase your critical strike chance by a percent for a few seconds.
- Char to Ash: Fire damage is increased each second, up to a percent. This effect resets when you take damage.
- Chill to the Bone: Cold damage against Frozen enemies is increased by a percent.
- Cold Snap: You apply more chill effect.
- Conflagration: Your direct fire damage deals additional damage to burning targets.
- Convulsions: Lightning skills have a chance to stun enemies for a few seconds.
- Crackling Aura: Deal lightning damage to a random enemy every few seconds.
- Devastation: Critical strike chance is increased.
- Devouring Flames: Each source of burning on an enemy increases the direct damage of your fire spells.
- Elemental Attunement: Elemental critical strikes reduce the cooldown of your defensive skills.
- Endless Pyre: Burning effects deal additional damage for each second the target remains burning.
- Endless Winter: Critical strike chance against Chilled and Frozen enemies is increased by a percent, but your Chill effects no longer Freeze.
- Frostbite: Damage against Chilled enemies is increased by a percent.
- Hoarfrost: After casting Blizzard, your next cold skill deals more damage.
- Icy Touch: Cold damage is increased by a percent.
- Inexorable Reach: Your damage is increased against enemies outside of melee range.
- Lightning Mastery: Lightning damage is increased by a percentage against enemies within melee range.
- Numbing Cold: Chilled enemies deal less damage to you.
- Overcharge: Lightning critical strikes have a chance to release extra charge bolts.
- Potent Warding: Elemental damage and resistance are increased.
- Precision Magic: Your elemental damage increases over time up to a maximum percent. Attacking resets this effect.
- Shocking Strikes: Each time your lightning skills hit an enemy, they take increased damage for a few seconds, up to a percentage.
- Soulfire: Fire damage is increased after standing still for a few seconds. Moving cancels this effect.
- Stagger: Enemies deal less damage for a few seconds after being hit by your lightning skills.
Author: Ben Reeves
Go to Source